At Schreiter’s, a passion for modern and contemporary design paired with our dedication to exceeding our customers’ expectations has been the foundation of our success. Spanning over 125 years, our relationship with our customers and design professionals continues to set us apart. Interested in joining our team? If you share our commitment to exceptional customer service, have an appetite for creativity and a love of interior design, you may be the person we’re looking for!
Service & Distribution Manager
At Schreiter’s, a passion for modern and contemporary design paired with our dedication to exceeding our customers’ expectations has been the foundation of our success in the furniture industry. Spanning over 125 years, our relationship with our customers and design professionals continues to set us apart.
We are looking for a permanent, full time Service & Distribution Manager to join our team!
Full-Time hours: Tuesday to Saturday 8:30am – 4:30pm with occasional overtime. Compensation includes competitive wage, benefit & pension plan.
Support the store management team by leading the distribution team to operational excellence, including effectively managing customer service interactions, reports, warehouse organization and shipping and receiving. Provides the highest level of customer service with a sales-minded attitude while developing lasting customer relationships. Is naturally entrepreneurial with a strong technical aptitude and high level organizational skills, this role is equal parts physical and administrative. When not at the warehouse receiving product, building product, organizing product or completing routine maintenance, time is spent in the office completing administration related to shipping/receiving and scheduling, or replying to customer inquiries as requested by store management regarding orders or products. As a manager leading a department within an organization built on quality and aesthetic, our candidate will maintain a tidy appearance and have a sense of personal style.
- Effectively lead Distribution team members, including delivery and warehouse personnel, to ensure team objectives are being carried out in a way that is on-brand and meets the standard our clients expect
- Display extensive working knowledge of industry standards and practices, including product details and company services offered
- Offer exemplary customer service, including maintaining customer relationships and ensuring repeat customers by taking care of any customer concerns or complaints quickly and professionally
- Communicate directly with customers to schedule in-home deliveries and service appointments
- Display high-level organization in performing scheduling and administrative tasks keeping productivity top of mind
- Regularly audit work being done and spot-checks inventory to ensure all standards are met and that repair work is carried out effectively, correctly, and thoroughly
- Manage logistics, tracks shipments, and unloads trucks of incoming product using a dolly and/or hand pump truck
- Complete or arrange for routine maintenance to be completed as required
- Ability to safely lift heavy boxes and furniture
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Post-secondary education or 2 years of related practical work experience
- Computer literate, knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Class G driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Experience in the furniture industry would be an asset
If this is you, please submit your resume to [email protected] or in person to 482 Belmont Ave W., Kitchener.
We thank you for your application, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.